Monday, October 24, 2005

Study




"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth." --2 Tim. 2:15

starting today i am going to read Proverbs, starting with chapter one. my aunt had suggested that i read it long ago, and now i'm taking her up on that offer. interesting how certain things in your life will make you humble yourself.

not that i'm becoming holier than thou or anything, just taking a stronger stance in my religion and what I believe. i know that i'm always wanting God to do for me, but what have i done to show that i am appreciative?

Something that I always remember from my childhood is what my grandmother would say to me [Lord rest her soul]
"God gives you one dollar, and all he wants from that dollar is 10 cents. He gives you $100 and he only wants $10. Seven days in a week, and he asks us to devote one to him. Is that too much to ask, after all he's done for you."

That rings loud and clear to me today. I know that many are skeptical about religion or about churches really. But seek God. Truly seek Christ and His church.

I can't just be doing wrong and expect God to just bless me when i ask for it. I must humble myself. He is my Father and i am his lowly child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home