Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"the choking game"

I def. haven't heard anything like this in a long while. Children are choking themselves for a short "high". No longer are they using weed, they are actually playing with their lives to the nth degree and choking themselves till they pass out. Okay i hate to sound cliche' but "what is wrong with this generation?" Seriously, choking yourself for a short high. I mean a short high. Going so far as to put yourself an inch close to death for a high. Gosh, are children that bored. Getting less attention than ever, that they have to go as far as to choking themselves for fun. Choking I've always thought had a negative conotation (sp?), now its a game? I know we all 'play' with our lives daily, we drive, we trust others to cook our food and all that jazz. its really sad that children are dying from this, but i think parents need to know...and students too. this is serious, and frankly dumb that innocent children are dying over a game...we need to work on this problem.


At 4:35 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I agree, that is nuttier than squirrell sh*t..

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Loni said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Loni said...

Well, we have all done "nutty" things, haven't we? Don't you remember as kids when we thought nothing would hurt us? Don't you know that teens think they will never die? Do you realize they think this is a "free" high - just something they may try "one" time - just to see what it's like? My 16 year old son tried this - once - the only time - the last time - and DIED. Yes, it was a foolish thing he did. His 11 year old brother found him - 15 year old brother cut him down. It's been a very difficult 10 months since his death. I never knew about this choking game - but now know kids are trying it all over - even in classrooms and school hallways. Warn your kids. Warn your friend's kids. All it takes is one time - one time and it's a major risk.


Post a Comment

<< Home